Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas at MeeMee and DeeDee's House

Every year, we celebrate Christmas with my parents on Christmas Eve at their house. My mom cooks and then we open presents. When I was a child, we celebrated Christmas Eve at Granny and Grandaddy's house (my dad's parents), so I know that celebrating Christmas Eve at the grandparent's house is a wonderful memory that my kids will keep with them for the rest of their lives.

This year, Nana joined us for Christmas and was along to celebrate.

Ellie got to open the first present: a Dora the Explorer plate and cup set so we could wash it and she could eat her dinner out of it.



There is a story about Kevin and his "platter", but you'll have to ask him about it. *smile*


This year was Ellie's year to wear us into the ground wanting to open presents. She's not a big eater anyway, and three bites in and she was READY to open presents. Of course, the rule is we don't open presents until dinner is over. I thought she might pop before she got to open a present!

Here are Nana and Ellie waiting to open presents.


Josh got the big present of the year (although none of us did badly!!) with a 32" television for his room.


Ellie got so many toys we couldn't keep up with it all.


Josh even helped put together some of her things:


DeeDee got his annual pair of slippers:


Sorry, apparently no pictures of MeeMee or me this year. *smile*

1 comment:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

I love E's Christmas outfit! Looks like a great Christmas. Looking forward to seeing you soon.