Josh was 21 months old here, so just a wee bit older than Ellie. We had taken him to Dollywood for Labor Day weekend. I think it was the trip that caused my friend Stoney to stop going anywhere with us (ha!).
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Heart contents by Maria at 8:40 AM
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Looking so grown up today!
All of a sudden today she looked so grown up!! We went to the doctor and she got a glowing report. Her stats are:
Height: 30.25" (14th percentile)
Weight: 20 lbs, 10 oz. (6th percentile)
Head: 46.1 cm (38th percentile)
We were, um, encouraged, yes, that's the word, to take her off her bedtime and nap time bottle. We'll see. I have six months. He talked to me about beginning disciplinary measures such as time out to combat inappropriate behaviors (has he been living in our house??), and we talked about potty training.
Seems Dr. H. is contemplating a missionary type/medical trip over to K'stan. He met recently with some friends who have been working there, so we talked a bit about that. I'd love for him to have that opportunity!! I think E. might be his only patient from K'stan.
Mama was prepared for the shots this time. I had a sucker open and handed it to her when she laid down. She cried for just a bit when she got the shots but then was quickly fascinated by the purple band aids. In fact, she was very upset with me when I put her tights back on because she couldn't see the band aids!
This is her very shortly after her shots -- not a tear to be found. What a brave girl!!
This is what she looked like about five minutes after we left the doctor's office.
Some cute facts about Ellie:
- When you ask her for a kiss, she makes a kissy noise and gives you her cheek. Ironically, she'll KISS the animals, but not us.
- Kisses and pats her "babies" in her crib each night
- "Reads" books
- LOVES the kitties and doggies (still)
- Stomps her foot on command as if she is dancing
- Loves to dance around
- Signs accurately for: eat, more, banana, milk, cookie, dog, cat, mama, daddy, all done, fish, cereal, bird, and baby. We've not worked on signs as much lately, because I can't find the second DVD. Must look.
- Says (few words, but coming along a lot lately): hot, cat, dog, shoe, duck, mama, daddy, (sometimes) Joshua, hi. My parents said they have heard her say DeeDee and key.
- Waves bye bye (all the time) but not hi. Blows kisses, claps, pretends to be an airplane.
- She knows what to do with a key and will put it in the door or (scary) in the car
- She likes to pretend driving with anyone who will let her sit behind the wheel
- Her hair is finally long enough for better piggy tails
- She likes to have her toenails painted and has become quite girly loving shoes, purses, jewelry and "makeup" (lip balm smeared over her face by her brother- yay!)
- She walks around in any one's shoes she can find, but LOVES my heels and flip flops
- She LOVES playing hide and seek with brother. He hides, she finds and squeals with laughter as she jumps on him. She loves for him to chase her around the house, she runs and squeals with laughter
- She will eat anything ALL THE TIME. The girl is a bottomless pit. Dr. H. says she is burning it off though so it's ok.
- She still loves her blanky and has given up the paci except at bedtime and she MUST have it then.
- She naps between 30 minutes - 3 hours a day -- there is no formula of what makes her do either.
- She now brings us a diaper, hands it to us and gets up on the couch to be changed. I think it's time to start potty training. Yay.
- She likes to write with pencils, pens, crayons and chalk. She prefers to write on paper, even.
- She likes to wash her hands and dry them AND wipe her face. Hmmmm.
- She likes to "talk" on the cell phone -- holding it to her ear, smiling and making NO sound.
- She LOVES being outside. Most of her tantrums are thrown when she can't go out or go across the street to see Mr. Terry and his doggies.
- She continues to really, really like Barney and Elmo.
- She seems a smarty party to me, but I'm prejudiced.
- She drinks from a straw very well and eats with a fork and a spoon (and her hands sometimes too!!)
- She LOVES her shoes and wants to wear shoes ALL the time. She is really fond of squeaker shoes. The dog, however, is not.
We are just thrilled with how well she is doing (and with her)!
Heart contents by Maria at 9:33 PM
Monday, September 28, 2009
My parents were able to come to the game yesterday and watch Ellie and watch Josh play. Afterwards we got to spend some time together at Wendy's. *smile*
Then, today we called the A/C folks to come out and look at our unit. I'm going to say this: If our family made a million dollars a year, I would still have a problem with the fact that when a unit is still under warranty (keep in mind, a unit we paid $5K for just two years ago), that warranty does not include the labor to replace what is broken. *sigh* So, $159 later we had a service call and a drain cleaned. THAT, however was not the problem. There is some "board" that has to be replaced. That part will be covered, but they don't have a CLUE how much the labor will be on it and will call us back tomorrow. Great.
Tomorrow is Ellie's 18 month birthday -- HOW did that happen? Stay tuned tomorrow for some pix (I'll have to take some, of course) and an update of what all she is "into" now.
Josh is currently at the doctor. They've been there for 2.5 hours. Actually, I just got a call from Kevin that the doctor said he does tested negative for the flu, but the tests were 50/50 and so what he does not "have the flu NOW, he probably got it sitting in the office". Great. They are also tested him for mono but that was also negative. He came home with a headache, stomach ache and body aches and exhausted. In fact, he fell asleep on the way to the doctor's office. Those who know Josh understand this doesn't happen. He went to bed at a good time last night and so, I'm not sure what it could be. Granted, it could be a viral thing that just isn't the flu. Yay. Tomorrow he'll probably be fine. The doctor went ahead and gave him a school note and tamiflu prescription -- just in case. Kids.
On the job front, no news today. Kevin is hopeful to get a follow-up call this week from a company that called him last week. Prayers always appreciated in that area.
Heart contents by Maria at 7:13 PM
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Stay tuned to see if animals have taken up residence THIS time in the vents. :-0
Heart contents by Maria at 11:23 PM
Heart contents by Maria at 9:34 PM
Friday, September 25, 2009
Heart contents by Maria at 10:30 AM
Please continue to pray. EVERY SINGLE DAY we feel your prayers and concern for us and EVERY SINGLE DAY God blesses us. Today, Kevin got chosen for a research study that pays $100 for a couple of hours. If anyone is interested in these types of studies here in the Nashville area, click over to 20/20 Research. But, it was another indicator that God continues to take care of us every day and will until Kevin has another job. We will continue to update you on his progress until we can report that God has blessed him with another job. We know it will come -- in His time.
Heart contents by Maria at 12:04 AM
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Heart contents by Maria at 11:55 PM
Josh when he was 11 months old -- taken by my mom at her house
How did we get here so fast??
Now THIS picture cracked me up. Every year in K-4, they had a Thanksgiving feast and all the kids dressed up as either an Indian or a Pilgrim. Josh and Braiden split the choices and each went as one -- and the one each of them went as was perfect for them!! Aren't they sweet??
Heart contents by Maria at 9:29 PM