Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Decorating

Although we were several weeks late in Christmas decorating (we normally do it Thanksgiving weekend), we finally managed to get out all our decorations and get to work. Unlike last year, Ellie was ALL in the mix this year. She was fascinated with all the Christmas ornaments and decorations. Everything is new and fun to her this year. We watched our annual traditional movie while we decorated: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Still my favorite ever. And even though they complain for weeks in advance that they have to watch it, Kevin and Josh were glued to the television as well!

I thought it would be really cool to have a live tree this year since it was Ellie's first Christmas to really be active and participate. THEN I remembered that I am apparently highly allergic to pine. And so, we continue to have a"fake" tree -- I think the "PC" name for them is artificial. But we like it well enough and it serves the purpose to hold the ornaments, which are my favorite part of the tree. I love looking back over all the ornaments from year's past and associating the memories to those.

Later that night, as I was putting Ellie to bed, we read her book, "The Christmas Story". When I asked her who the baby was in the manger, she threw her hand up and said, "ME!". I gently explained to her that it was Baby Jesus. Then we talked about the wise men and asked who they were bringing presents for. She waved her hand in the air and said, "ME!" All Ellie, all the time. Funny girl!!

Opening the tree box:



Putting together the tree:


Happy faces!!


Everyone LOVES wearing tinsel!









Putting the angel on the tree:

No comments: