Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Potty Training and "The Funk"

Combining posts to save time. I'm tired. Apparently I have the "funk" that I get twice per year. Sinuses blocked, potential strep (from Ellie, of course), head ache for a week, ear infection, funky cough, blah, blah, blah. So Monday I gave it up and went to the doctor and got an antibiotic shot, a prescription for antibiotics, steroids and a decongestant. Taking the meds however has a bad side effect -- I can't SLEEP. Last night I saw every hour -- but I was too tired to get up and DO anything. I hate nights like that. And, since Kevin is at 4H Camp with Josh, I'm the sole parent, so it's a bit harder. Hopefully, by the weekend the funk will be gone.

In addition, I got the wild hair to start potty training this week since Dee'Anna is on vacation and Josh was going to be at camp. I figured I'd have more "one on one" time with Ellie. So we started out Monday morning with some Princess panties, a potty seat and a sense of determination about all things potty. Early morning pee-pee went really well. Then she peed in her panties twice and we reverted to a pull-up. After she pooped in those, I pretty much gave up. Then Tuesday afternoon (after pictures at JCP in the morning), she was back at wanting to potty again. Today, Nana has been here and Ellie has been very interested in pottying with only one accident. One of the funniest parts of it has been when she pee-peed in her panties, she took them off, said, "NASTY" and threw them in the trash. I think she might not have the idea down pat just yet.

So, we are making progress. I am hopeful that this weekend will give us some more time to get the pee-pee part down. I'm suspecting the "poo-poo" part might take a while longer.

Ahh... the joys of toddlerhood.

No comments: