Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Recap

I really want to do more. I want to read blogs. I want to write in my blog. I want to clean my house. I want to scrapbook. I want to do Bible study classes. I want to catch up with friends.

I am happy when I get my work (job) done and get everyone shuffled to where they need to be and back, get everyone some kind of food in their bodies, bathed, homework done and in the bed. That's a good day.

This weekend was no exception. Josh wanted to go to the high school football game. What middle school kid doesn't want to go hang out with his friends on Friday night. However, I'm not a drop off mom, so we have to go if he goes.

Friday after work/school, we had a little birthday party for my grandmother who turned 83. We had pizza and cake and worked some puzzles and visited. It was a nice time. Ellie had fun trying to help work the puzzles.

After the party, we went home, got ready, dropped Ellie off at the grandparents' house and headed to the game. When we got home from that, we had to prepare for Saturday because our local football association was having a 9/11 tribute/ceremony and we had to be at the park by 10:00. After that, Kevin worked the concession stand from 11:30 - 1:30, and Ellie and I went home to get some things done before Josh's game at 2. Josh's game didn't start, due to rain delays until closer to 3:30 so we were at the park until 5:00. After a really heated football game, we grabbed a bite to eat with friends and went home where I edited the photos taken than day, got them uploaded, got kids showered and put to bed (with Kevin's help, of course) and went to bed a little after midnight.

The next morning I was bad and skipped church with both my kids and sent Kevin to teach the SS class. We got ready because we were meeting all the grandparents in Clarksville for lunch to celebrate Grandparent's Day and Kevin's mom's birthday. A trip to Wal-mart afterwards got us home around 4. Clean, clean, clean (Kevin) and paperwork, paperwork, paperwork (Maria) and somehow the night was gone and it was midnight again.

And, then Monday is here.

Maybe I really don't want to do more ... maybe I want to do less!

1 comment:

Mayme said...

I can totally relate to you!