Friday, November 23, 2007

The Girls Go Shopping - "No Need to Fight, I'll Just Take It"

Instead of our annual weekend trip, this year "the Girls" decided to tackle the Day After Thanksgiving shopping -- BLACK FRIDAY.
We had made plans for quite a while and decided we would leave at 4:00 a.m. Because I knew we would need space, I offered to drive the van. It's just sitting in the drive anyway. Before the day was over, I was calling it an amusement park ride because you could just never be sure what was going to work -- or not work -- at any given time. Apparently, Kevin had not clipped the blinker, brake or front right lights back in so we drove into town (in the dark, mind you) on almost flat out DARK mode. God love him, he then drove out to Academy and put them in for us before he went to Clarksville to meet his family for lunch and shopping. The tires were low and we had to air them up. We had to pool all our quarters to get enough to put air in two tires and we were not certain, at one point if we were letting the air OUT or putting it in. We smelled antifreeze and the windshield wipers froze up when we turned them on. It was a RIOT after a while.

We hit Kohls first where the line literally snaked around the whole store. We were next door to Target where I wanted to get a TV that was on sale. They didn't open until 6 a.m., so I thought I had plenty of time. Imagine my surprise when I walked out of Kohls and the line to get into Target was all the way down the street to Kohls. Fortunately, it didn't take long to get in and I promptly shuffled off to electronics. There were no more carts so that wasn't a problem.
The place was PACKED, especially in electronics. I saw a lady with the TVs I was looking for in her cart so I walked up and asked her where they were. She started to tell me as another woman walked up to listen. She said they were back in the far corner but they were already all gone. She then went on to say that she had picked up two but only needed one. She said, "You two can fight over this one." She no more than had it out of her mouth when I said, "Oh, there's no need to fight, I'll just take it." and proceeded to lift it out of the cart and walk off with it. Now, this didn't strike me as odd or humorous at all, but the girls have laughed and laughed over this. They said they could just see me doing this. *smile* She offered ....
We ended up going to Kohls, Target, Walmart, Panera Bread (morning snack, you know), KMart, Academy Sports, American Motorsports and then off to Opry Mills where we hit Bass Pro Shop, Bath and Body Works, TGIFridays (lunch by then), Apple Barn and Bed Bath and Beyond.

By this time it was 4:00. We had been going for 12 hours and we were tired, silly and giddy and had to go home. Here is a shot of the back of the van and the interior -- after a long day.

Oh, and by the way, the television was worth it. *big smile*

1 comment:

Dee'Anna said...

How fun I did not get to go this year because I had to work. But Travis went in my place and got the kids alot of stuff for Christmas. I map him a plan to go to Target 1st and then to the other places. You might have saw him at target, If you went to the one in Hendersonville. See you at the Christmas Party. Dee'Anna