Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Day


It was a wonderful day, with the exception that my mother was feeling so poorly that she and daddy didn't get to come. It was my first Thanksgiving without them, and it made me sad. Since there were a lot of folks around, though, there wasn't a lot of time to be sad. I did get to go see them for a short, short while later in the day. Hopefully, we will get to go out to eat for our birthdays and Thanksgiving when mama is feeling better.

In lieu of a full write up of the day, I thought my favorite pictures from the day would tell a better story. Suffice it to say, we had more food than we could eat, we had lots of laughter and fun.
Here are some of my favorite phrases heard througout the weekend:
  • It's just paintin' the walls, Nana
  • Please let someone pray who won't cry
  • Has anyone tried those Fiber One Bars?
  • What's "Iraq"?
  • Where's the gold stored?
  • Fort Knox
  • Watch out for that water spill.
  • You're going to sleep how many, WHERE?
  • Don't forget the new baby -- WHAT?? What new baby?? Is Ann pregnant?
  • "Rodney"

We are blessed for each life that is in our family, for who they are, what they add to our family and for the fact that we get to call them family. I am blessed beyond measure. Who could ask for more?


No comments: