Sunday, July 29, 2007

WOW

God has really been speaking to me today.

A little background on this story. Right as we were getting our dossier for China ready, we saw a "Child of Promise" (a child that has some kind of special need) that we were interested in. We decided against applying for her as it didn't feel right at the time.

We later found out that she was matched with a family that is on the Bethany Forum list. They named her Ellie. I have followed their story, corresponding with her mother through their LONG wait for the LOA (letter of acceptance???) which is almost the longest wait in history. Most folks have received their's in a little less than three months (58-80 days). They have now waited 133 days and still don't have it.

Today I read a post of hers and went, "WOW! God is talking to me with this one." I'd like to share what she wrote . . .

Yesterday, as I was walking, the Holy Spirit brought scripture to my mind, scripture that brought me comfort.

I remembered words that Jesus spoke to Peter, before Peter denied Christ. He said, "Satan has desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not."

I pray that you can take comfort from these words, too, that somehow knowing that Jesus Himself has prayed for you, you will find the peace from the Prince of Peace, even in the midst of your mourning.

In light of the fact that I have felt our adoption process is being attacked by Satan right now, this was so perfect. I know God led me directly to this post as it was written July 10 and I had not read it until tonight.

Thank you, God, for leading me and reminding me and comforting me during this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Oh, and thanks a bunch for the loverly link you put up for me! I'm not the coolest, though.