Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Diagnosis: Princess-itis


Today, at the near end of my rope with all the crying, I called Ellie's doctor's office to rule out any medical malady I might be missing. We had an appointment late this afternoon and we got the official "once over" and diagnosis. It's official, Ellie has Princess-itis. Symptoms include: foot stomping when we don't get our way; crying endlessly when things are not going the way we want them to; massive temper tantrums when we can't get someone to meet our need immediately. The cure (according to the doc)? T.I.M.E.

And, of course, she was the PERFECT ANGEL the entire time in the doctor's office, even letting him check her ears without crying. Of course.

I must be psychotic psychic because you'll remember I called her a Princess a LONG time ago.

To that end, Ellie sat on her princess chair and posed, saying, "Cheese" to have her photo made to capture a photo of her with the disease.




Doesn't she look happy? :-) Can you say: IRONY??? And, as an added note: the "Princess" now weighs in at a whopping 22 lbs, 4 oz. Whooo hoo!!! UPDATE: I was terribly excited about this until I checked her weight when we came home 15 months ago and realized she's gained exactly [only] 10 pounds. Of course, she is a petite chicken, so....

10 comments:

Becky said...

She's so darn cute!

Kim said...

She's such a pretty princess! Let me know how the TIME cure for tantruming princesses works as my 3 year old is still at it. Don't worry about the weight gain so much. As long as she continues to gain at a slow rate it's all good. We have pretty, petite princesses!

Jeanne said...

Those pics are too much--like she knows what you are writing about! My son was about that same weight at her age. He is turning 4 next month, and now is about 33 lbs. So don't be surprised if it takes her another 2 years to gain the next 10 lbs. The growth rate really slows down after the second birthday.

Mayme said...

We have the same condition at our house! It must be an epidemic that affects little adorable girls at this age:) Also, Emma loves to pray at dinner as well and she yells "Hot Dog" after it. Not sure how that came to be!

Jackie said...

She is one strong willed princess. A very cute one at that!! Nola is just over 20lbs, though she feels much heavier to me ;)

I love the princess chair...I may have to find one for my princess!

生日 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monica said...

So cute!!! Oh well... i think that malady is a condition you'll just have to live with for a long T.I.M.E :)

Margaret and Tom said...

She is soooo cute! I love the "cheese" smile :)

Wisteria MacBain said...

Oh no!!!! I think Alex has "Princess-itis" too!!! Yikes!!!

Lori said...

Princess-itis sounds like the symptomology is way worse for those surrounding the afflicted, than for the Princess herself!!!

Of course, that may be due to the fact that she is just flippin' adorable and why SHOULD she be bothered by it??? :)

Sec. word: wheliw...as in "The security word wheliw STINKS for coming up with something funny!"

Yeah...see how that sentence is TOTALLY true now?