Saturday, February 20, 2010

Getting Some Stuff Done -- Warmer Weather

For a few days, here in Tennessee, we are going to have unseasonably warm weather. Today it was mid 60s and tomorrow it's supposed to be the same. Granted, we are supposed to have a cool week again next week, but just a few days of sunshine have made me just happy, happy. I'm just more productive when it's warmer.

Today I got our taxes filed. I'm so glad as that was one of those big project looming over my head that I just wanted DONE. Tomorrow, I hope to get to go see my Grandmother at the nursing home. I haven't been to see her in a while and I feel awful about that. I've been cleaning tubs of stuff out of the attic a little at a time. I've gone through six or seven tubs of Ellie's clothes and have dropped off some at one consignment sale that's currently running, dropping more off on Monday, picking all the "leftovers" up on Sunday and then re-tagging and dropping them off at yet another sale the following week and repeating one more time to my favorite sale Encores and More North. I'm taking most of my "bigger" items to E&M North. I've now started going through SEVEN tubs of clothes that were Josh's. I suspect quite a bit of that will end up at the Goodwill, but I have found several outfits that are appropriate for consignment so I'm going to get those tagged and ready as well. We are certainly TRYING to get rid of all the clutter and stuff at our house. BUT... since it took years to accomplish, I'm not trying to do it all at once. I've found that I can usually work about an hour a day on it and I'm beginning to notice a little improvement.

I'd love to be able to paint the living room and kitchen in the next few months -- we'll see how that works. I have some colors in mind ... stay tuned.

Promise to take some pictures tomorrow!!

No comments: