Wednesday, March 24, 2010

70% Savings -- WHOO HOO!!!

Harris Teeter is offering triple coupons again and I'm stoked!! Of course, I'm a little bummed that this time Kroger isn't matching the deal, but I've gotten really good deals at Teeter so I'm not really concerned about Kroger. Their loss, I guess ...

Anyway, today I spent $104.75 on groceries. After I added the coupon savings back on (I don't add the store savings because I'd get that whether I have coupons or not), I figured that I got $342.25 worth of groceries -- a 70% savings!!

Excited, excited. Now, if I could just find a place to put it all. Even better, there are still six more days left to collect food, errrr, save money/grocery shop/triple coupons!

Some of my favorite freebies this time (yes, FREE!!) were:
  • Lysol Cleaner
  • Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner
  • Welch's Grape Jam
  • Ortega Taco Seasoning and Ortega Guacamole Dip
  • (3) Stoneyfield Yogurts
  • CoffeeMate creamer
  • Country Crock butter
  • (3) Shamrock Ind. sized milks
  • Mahatma rice mixes
  • Frank's hot sauce
  • Solo cups

Other good deals:

  • JFG Coffee - $.25
  • (2) loaves Sara Lee bread - $.74
  • (8) bags Birds Eye Steamfresh frozen veggies - $2.04
  • International Delights coffee creamer - $.34
  • Smiley fries and curly fries $.75 bag (pretty large bag too)
  • Croutons - $.35/bag
  • Shake and bake - $.44/box
  • Cheez-it crackers - $.25/box
  • Cape Cod chips - $.85 bag

It was a good shopping day.

No comments: