Monday, March 29, 2010

Birthday Bubbles

I'd like to say we did something fun, imaginative, family-oriented -- basically anything -- special for Ellie's actual birthday today, but we didn't. I crawled into bed with her at 4:00 this morning when she cried for me and patted the bed saying, "Mama, mama" and that was just as special as the day needed for me. Sweet time.

Then, tonight, while the boys were at baseball practice I let her destroy the house, never saying no and put a blanket in the kitchen and turned on the bubble machine. She lay in the floor and giggled and rolled in the bubbles before getting up to try to pop them. It was great fun. It's what a birthday is for -- doing something unusual that you don't normally do.

Here's the evidence.













Oh, and the orange fingers -- she likes to paint herself up with chalk. Normally it's all over her. *creative genius, she is*

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh do tell where you got that "It's my brother's fault" tee shirt!! I need one in a size 4!!! (or 5 or 6 or 7..... as it will always be his fault!)

Hilary Marquis said...

I LOVE that shirt! Toby wears one that says, "I'm allergic to my sister!" Such love ;) Happy B-day a little bit late to Princess Ellie.