Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In Search of KITTY ...

We have lost Kitty.


If you are a "Constant Reader", you will know that Kitty is Josh's special stuffed cat that he has had since he was very, very young. We actually have purchased about three of them because we've lost a few a long the way due to Bear eating the eyeballs out of them. However, this time, we have searched high and low and CANNOT find Kitty. Josh hasn't really missed him for a while, but I've been suspecting Kitty was missing. Then, tonight, when his throat was really hurting (another doctor's visit this week, I suppose, tomorrow), he started to cry and said he wanted his Kitty. YES, I know he's 12, but Kitty has travelled around the world with him,
went through his tonsil/adenoid surgeryslept over when he was at friend's or family's homes, went to church and 4H camp -- well, I could go on and on about Kitty's adventures. He could be appropriately called, "Waldo" as in, "Where's Waldo?" or "Carmen Sandiego" as in "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?". But, alas, he is just "Kitty."

I have promptly found one online and ordered it with expedited delivery. It was RETIRED 10 years ago, so I'm considering it a small miracle to find one at all. No, it won't be the same, BUT... I'm hoping I can pass it off that I sent it off to "Kitty Camp" to be refluffed and cleaned up. He had been complaining that he was feeling a little flat. Maybe????

Word to the wise -- if your kiddo has a special item, buy several NOW while you can and before you need them.

I'm off to look for Kitty some more ....

4 comments:

Becky said...

Aw poor Josh! I'm glad you could find another!

Jeanne said...

I'm glad you found a Kitty for replacement. With my son, it's Taggies. I know he'll be sleeping with it at 12, too!

Stahnke said...

My Alisha had this little bunny that she loved, and she took that thing everywhere. Eventually it started ripping up, and before I knew it, it was missing an arm, and an eye. I kept sewing it every time it ripped up, and as scary as it looked, she loved it. Eventually she lost it in the store. She was so sad, but in some small way I was glad to see that scary little bunny go away!

Christina Hubbard said...

I feel for Josh and for you! Our first kiddo was attached to her bubba(blankie). It was made by my Granmother and so one of a kind! It also traveled the world and when it was not with us life was miserable. She is 19 and still finds comfort with it. BUT we did learn from this to buy several blankies and doggies along the way. Preparing for number 4 and wondering what he will have as his fave!! Good wishes for finding kitty!