Monday, December 14, 2009

I've Been Outsmarted by a 12-year-old

I figured one day it might happen, but I didn't know it would be when Josh was only twelve. I've been outsmarted.

I work hard to keep things a secret when I'm getting presents, surprises, etc. Well, you'll remember that somehow Kitty got lost. I ordered another one -- on MY computer at Amazon.com. Now, apparently, I paid for said Kitty using Kevin's gift certificate balance and his Paypal account. Who knows? I was just in a hurry to get it done.

So, imagine my surprise when Josh casually says to me on Sunday, "We should consider seeing if we could buy another kitty online." Huh?? My smooth (or so I think at the time) reply? "Well, Josh, those were retired ten years ago. I don't think we could find one."

And then, he dropped the bomb. "Well, while I was online looking for things I might want for Christmas, I saw where Daddy ordered me a new Kitty and it has been shipped and should be here Monday."

Uhhhhh.

So, I've been outsmarted. He knew that Kitty was coming and my whole plan of saying Kitty had been off getting re-fluffed and stuffed at the animal hospital was blown to pieces.

Kitty came today. Josh said he's a little sad that it's not "the real" Kitty, but he loves this one too, already. He said if he finds "the real" Kitty, he can use this one in the car. Right.

I'm going to have to up my game to stay ahead of this one.

No comments: