Saturday, January 23, 2010

Anyone ready to swim?

Apparently, Ellie is! I made a long-awaited trip to Once Upon a Child. I hadn't been there in forever because, honestly, Ellie didn't need anything and I didn't want to be tempted. Since I've discovered consignment sales, the store just isn't quite the draw for me. Every now and then, though I have to get a "fix" and stop in.

On this trip I managed to get two pair of sandals that look new for $1.50 a pair, a Hartstrings complete outfit that was being cleared out, so 50% off, at, get this ... $7.50. Skirt, shirt, and sweater!!



`
I found a beautiful silk Laura Ashley dress that is smocked with seed pearls, clearanced for $3.25. It's beautiful.




I also picked up a pair of Dora PJs for the girl who LOVES "doa,doa,doa" - aka Dora, Dora, Dora.


But the thing Ellie loved the most was the bathing suit with the built-in floaties. She begged this morning to put it on and wear it. I snapped a few pictures of her in it. She looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.




This is her pointing out "doadoadoa" -- it's always one word for her.

New word this week: "baselet" - aka, bracelet. Also, "pintsess", aka "Princess"

No comments: