Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not to Be Outdone, Pampers Releases Designer Diapers

Not to be outdone by Huggies release of denim jean style diapers (see here for post about that several months ago), Pampers has just released it's new "line" of diapers, Pampers by Cynthia Rowley. According to online articles, the duo announced a partnership to take diapers beyond form and function and make them fashionable.

The collection will include 11 diapers for boys and girls. They will premiere mid-July at Target and will be priced several dollars more than the regular Pampers.

To see a complete list (with images) of the line, click here.
Now, I'm going to 'fess up here and say that I DID go out and buy some of the Huggies Jean diapers. I didn't actively search them out, but I was buying diapers (with a coupon, of course) and saw that my local Harris Teeter had them. They were the same price as the others and I thought, "Why not?" Honestly, for a girl I don't really like them as well as regular diapers. I don't know why, I just don't. I like some of the Cynthia Rowley designs, but truly not enough to spend extra for them. Honestly, who is going to see them?? If they are the same price or (with a coupon) cheaper than the others, I'll try them, sure, but I will not pay more for them. And, to be really frank, we are pretty much only using Pull-Ups at this stage of the game. If she were still a tiny baby, I might be tempted ... And, they probably will make cute shower gifts. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out and how hard they will market them.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Can't do it. Just can't like them. Can't even pretend to (thought I have to say that the little pink rufflies are cute!)...

Ever since, "I poo in blue..."

I just can't get over them!!