Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of Preschool

There are too many changes going on in my life right now -- too many little people growing up too fast.

Today was Ellie's first day of preschool at our church. When I asked her this morning if she remembered where she was going today, she said, "Addie's house". I was sad because the end of that time has come. I am so thankful that we had "Addie's House" for the time we did. It was the perfect environment for my little peanut to be in while she was little and learning to crawl, walk, eat, play with friends, etc. Now, that she is a bigger peanut, she is ready for some learning time. I've seen the signs a lot lately, and know that it was the right choice for her, but it seems so "grown up" and she seems so little.

I had planned for it to be a nice, peaceful morning. Plans -- ha. "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord. Sometimes I wish He would give me a little advance warning of these plans. Last night at 10:30, I remember we didn't get Ellie a mat for her nap. Granted, I bought the fabric and pillow and stuff to have her a COVER made, but never picked up the mat. Surprise. I called the local Walmart and they assured me they had them in stock. Kevin drove over there and SURPRISE, they have none. They check inventory of another store and said they had them. This morning, Kevin takes Josh, drops him off and heads to that store. SURPRISE. They don't have any either. So my baby went to school with no mat. Bad mama.

Then, in the midst of getting everything ready, I get a text from Josh, followed by a phone call, asking me to come get him because his stomach is hurting. Apparently, he has a touch of a stomach virus. Poor kiddo is upstairs in the bed right now.

Ellie was very excited to get to take her new Dora backpack. However....





Turns out, her backpack is bigger than she is. I suppose that calls for another backpack.




We managed to get Ellie dressed, packed up and to school on time, but she wanted NOTHING to do with the pictures. When we took her out front for her "obligatory" first day picture, she hung her head, got pouty faced and would not even look at us.



LOOK at this face:






After daddy hugs, she and I headed for school.


I asked her to let me take a picture of her in front of the building and she turned around (see the photo below) and said, "I Not Want Picture Mama!" and marched on to the door. Oh, great. We are in for some HARD times if she doesn't want pictures already at two.





I think the fact that it's at her church made things SUPER easy for her because she was not stressed at all -- unlike a couple of kids I saw. She went in, we talked to her "tee-churs" and she got down to business playing with the bugs and the "eye" (ie, magnifying glass). After a bit I asked her if it would be ok if I went home and came back to get her in a little while. She nodded her head ok and I asked her for "some lips" and she gave me kisses and I left. She was playing hard and never looked back at me.





Two o'clock looms far away. I'm going to do paperwork to pass my time.

2 comments:

Mayme said...

I have felt your pain today!

Lori said...

Gosh, that time already...unbelievable. She was so darned cute in that outfit!

That face in that picture said, "I TOLD YOU....NO PICTURES!"

Oh Ellie....don't grow up too fast!!!