Saturday, April 11, 2009

I HAD Such Great Photos . . .

Today, we took Ellie to her second Easter egg hunt at the local fire department. Josh decided to go to a friend's house to play instead of being subjected to having to pick up more candy for Ellie so it was just the three of us.



I had my good camera and was snip snapping away. Ellie was being quite photogenic (and agreeable too!) and I took pictures of her with Sparky the fire dog, pictures of her meeting, touching and finally being held by the Easter bunny, pictures of her actually picking up candy during the egg hunt, and on and on and on. At the END of the egg hunt, I realized there was no memory card in the camera. *UGH* I did have my small work camera with me so I did manage to get a few pictures of her after the fact, but all the good ones were just LOST. Oh well, there are still the memories!!
Ellie realizes there is candy in her basket ...
She finds a Twizzler stick ...
It is in every picture I take from that point on. She is not letting it go and eats it all!
Ellie with Sparky the fire dog and the Easter Bunny.

"HunBun" Ellie sitting on the fire truck (with her candy, of course) ...


After the egg hunt, we stopped by my mom's and she took some pictures which she is going to email to me later and I'll post. We went back, picked up Josh, visited with my grandmother and then went to dinner and back home. We tried out the Pleasant View Diner tonight. The food was good, the place was full, but the service was kind of slow -- maybe because they were full. Ellie had a GREAT time because she got some ice cream. She was putting on a show, clapping, blowing kisses (a very new skill for her!) and laughing loudly. We were all laughing at her. Man, give her a few more months of developing this personality and we'll be in trouble She's a riot!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter. At our house, we are all so very thankful that in the midst of all our failures and personal issues that we know that Jesus loved each of us enough to give His live for us so that we would not be lost. Amazing and so very hard to wrap our heads around. We are looking forward to a wonderful time of worship at our church tomorrow followed by time spent with both our parents and then some family Easter activities in the afternoon. And through it all, let us be mindful of The One who loved us despite our sin. He's Alive!!

No comments: