Monday, January 12, 2009

Disappointed!!!!

Today I FINALLY went to pick up the photos from the camera we got from the orphanage in Kyrgyzstan. Imagine my surprise when she said, "They were all blank except one." Well, just before I gave them the camera, I took a photo of Ellie sitting in the cart and it was there but all the other frames were just clear on the negatives. I actually thought I was going to be sick right there in Walmart.

I'm not sure what could have happened. I don't know if somehow they got "erased" going through some x-ray machine or something in the airport. I know the camera was always in the diaper bag with us.

I'm very disappointed, but am trying to hold on the the fact that I have photos of her from right after she was born, at age two months and several from other families who were visiting, so that's truly more than many kids who are adopted have of their early years. I just SO wanted the photos that the caregivers took. It's something I can't replace.

11 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

How disappointing!

Johnda said...

BUMMER!!!!

Hilary Marquis said...

I'm sorry...that stinks! But I am so glad that you have such early pictures of Ellie. Since she and Anara resemble each other in so many ways they are the closest thing that I have to see what Anara may have looked like :)

Jennifer G. said...

Hi, were the pictures on a memory card? There are companies that can recover pictures like that. Or was it a disposable camera - I'm not understanding. If they were from a memory card, you might want to check into recovery. I can't imagine how sickening that would make me feel, too. Just don't start knocking yourself with the "if onlys!" over this.

Lindsey Carney said...

That stinks about the pictures. But that's awesome that you have the other pictures. All we have of Hudson is his referral pics and the ones we took. I'm jelous you have the other pics of Ellie :)

Jeanne said...

That is very disappointing. They must not have known how to use it correctly.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! What a disappointment!

Stahnke said...

I'm shocked you waited until now to develop them. I did the same thing with Andrew, and on day two of being home, me and my older daughter took a trip to Walmart. Fortunate for us there were pictures on all 3 cameras, however I did keep a mindframe the entire time that there may not be anything on there. I did want them to take pictures from when they got the cameras up until we picked him up, but I think they filled the cameras up with pictures in the last few days before we came, because my son was only wearing 3 different outfits, and then they put one of the sleepers I mailed him, and they put it on him with the tag still on it. It was to funny. I did appreciate that fact that they got a picture with him and every care worker of his. That will be something special for him. We didn't take enough photos when we were there because we only made the one trip and we were only in the baby house for about an hour or less. I was focussed on him, and not so much of taking pictures of everything. There was a lady on the yahoo group that contacted me about Andrew, and had pictures of him that she had when she was in his orphanage getting her son, and it was from when my son was 4 months old, other then that I have his referal pictures when he was 6 months. It is frustrating because you can't go back in time and have all the pictures you want.

Lori said...

Ugh! What a crash!

Jackie said...

What a bummer, indeed. I am thinking they may not have known how to use it properly.

As you said, thankfully you have many other pictures of your girl from others :)

Margaret and Tom said...

That is such a bummer Maria...It would have been a treasure had they been there...but you are right there is so much to be happy for...you have that beautiful face to kiss HOME with you :)