Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cupcake-a-rama

Whew!!! Now, that cupcake project I took on was a doozy. And, I'm going to let you in on a little known fact:

YOU CANNOT FIND PULL AND PEEL BLACK LICORICE IN SPRINGFIELD.

Ok, now that that piece of information is out of the way, you will understand why my spiders have red legs. I began to compile all my ingredients for the cupcakes last night and realized I had bought regular Twizzlers and not the thin kind. In an offhanded way, I say, "I'm going to run over to Wal-mart to get some black licorice." I'll be back really soon. HAHAHAHA. I returned just shy of 10:00 and had NO black licorice. I went to Wal-mart, Kroger, CVS, Walgreens and the BP -- nothing.

Anyway, Joshua had already helped me make the cupcakes so they just needed to be decorated. So I mixed, colored, make decorator bags, and a HUGE mess (see the photo for confirmation here) and finally finished with the requisite 24 decorated cupcakes at 1:00 this morning. Yeah!!

I think they turned out really cute though, so it was worth it. Josh's two favorites are the mummy and the devil. In our house, that is the same person (ha!). Kevin and I liked the ghosts. Here are all the final product ready to go:


Now, I'm off to the party. Oh, here's a preview of "Dark" Vader (what Joshua called Darth Vader at first). The cape's long, but he is using it to double as Batman too! More (better) this evening.

3 comments:

Heather Field said...

Those cupcakes are ADORABLE!!! Ok, so you win the MOM of the week award! I cookies, spritzed some orange icing on them and added some purple & orange sprinkles on top and WA-LA!

JEff said...

Those are really cute cupcakes!

Dee'Anna said...

Those were so good. You did a great job. The party was out of this world. Megan came home with so much stuff. I will be posting my pictures soon of last night Queen bee and the kids. Dee'Anna