Monday, October 15, 2007

Work Trip #2 to South Carolina

Today started week two of my three weeks' worth of inspection work in the Great Falls area of South Carolina. It was a hard day, and I'm not quite sure why. I think I started out the day tired and I just couldn't get my "groove" on, had an "Israelite in the desert" attitude of grumbling, and couldn't make up any time. I had left my plug for my battery charger at home so I had to make a trip to Wally-world this morning before I could start. I lost a lot of time this morning.

I called my friend Iris for a pep me up talk, and that helped, but I just seemed to be in some funk. *ARRGHHH* I did pray and ask God to take this away from me and to give me grace sufficient for the day, to help me with my attitude.

I knew these three days of clean up from the last project would go more slowly, but I only managed to get 77 done today. My schedule only said I could do 80, so it wasn't that bad.


I'm going to bed earlier tonight and hope to find that "groove" tomorrow. I'm hoping by Thursday when I move to Bennettsville, the pace will pick up.


Josh went back to football practice tonight after having two weeks off for his sprain. He's looking forward to playing Pleasant View on Saturday.


I am praying for David Diviney tonight that God will hold him and his family in His hand and that David will be fine. He is on Joshua's football team and had some sort of neck injury at practice tonight. He was taken from the field with his neck in a brace and in an ambulance. He took a serious hit during practice is what I am hearing. Saturday at the game he siddled up beside me and said, "Hey, I'm not seeing a lot of pictures of myself on the internet." I made a conscience effort to get some good photos of him this week. He had a good game, getting some awesome tackles. He is such a cool kid!! I will call tomorrow to check on him. So... along those lines, here's a photo of him with his parents that I took on Saturday.

No comments: