Wednesday, October 3, 2007

This Trip is "going to the dogs" (and cats and goats)

Let me introduce you to my new friends . . .



This is Sandy. She walked through a neighborhood with

me today while I inspected houses. Her owner says she is

good at keeping squirrels out the yard. Oddly enough,

though, there was a dead possum in the yard

and she had nothing to do with it. She ssems very happy all the time.



This is Trixie. She lives with her family and has free run of the yard. However, the family had just painted the front porch so she was tied to the trampoline in the back yard. She promptly tangled herself up and almost choked herself. You know, Jeff Foxworthy might want to use this one: "You might be a redneck if you've ever tied your goat to the trampoline in the yard."




I don't know this little fellows name, but he was so tiny and reminded me of Bear when he as puppy. He didn't have any water in his bowl, so I shared some of my bottled water with him. HE was at the house with the three goats, empty inground pool (which was being used by two other goats as a play yard) and some rusty cars.

This kitty started yelling at me the minute I got out of the car. While he was not really happy to have me pet him, he continued to talk (loudly) to me while I was there and to roll around on the ground at my feet. I didn't have anything I could give him to eat, which is what I think he was trying to tell me, "Hey, you, I'm hungry." At least that's what my cats are always trying to say.



This goat was crazy. He was so strong he was tied to a tire with a rim inside and still was moving it around. Older lady (owner) indicates he has almost "cleaned that area up for us where our garden was this year.'




This little pit puppy was CRAZY. When I pulled up he was shreddng trash in the yard. He was all in and around my feet wanting to play. I'm still not sure how I got him this still to take his picture. I named him "Bruiser". I think he'll grow into it. He has such pretty eyes.




Cute sign on an old farm house. I lost count of the number of cats

out at the barn wandering around.


Now THIS cat has it made!


And last, but certainly not least, is Charlie. I thought it was a riot that he has the same name as my daddy. He appears to be smiling at me. He did the rounds around the house with me
while I took photos. He looked like he had springs in his legs.
So, I'm off to bed. I'm REALLY really tired today. It's starting to catch up with me -- a little to little sleep and a little too much work will do that. :-)

I completed 111 today. They were a bit more spread out and I just couldn't seem to make up much time. This is still a good number. Forecast is calling for rain tomrrow.. I really, really hope it doesn't. The weather has been really nice here so far with the highs in the low 80s by mid-afternoon. Mornings are a brisk 50* and it is so nice to be cool!!

No comments: