Friday, January 4, 2008

Back to South Carolina - Another Blessing

Psalm 2:8
Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance
And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.

Matthew 7:9-11
Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf,
will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your Father who is in heaven
give what is good to those who ask Him!
Wednesday night I was wrestling with the financing for the adoption (again). Satan is really trying me on this trusting God issue and I feel like Abraham who wrestled the angel all night long. So, in a moment of desperation, I decided to write a letter to God asking him for both deliverance from my struggle with this issue and for the money to just come so I could stop worrying about it and actually enjoy this process more. I felt much better after the letter and went to bed.
Yesterday, out of the blue, I got a call from one of the companies I work for, again offering me another project in South Carolina. It is a blessing, of course. What I want to point out (for me as much as anyone else) is that this is not what I had asked God for, but how He choose to answer me. It is an answer to my prayer and a huge blessing (at 10% of the funds we need it is great!!). I think God is gently reminding me that HE is in control and will provide the funds as we need them (manna - Israelites) and that I need to continue to trust Him daily and not try to store up the manna.

So, I'm off to South Carolina again in a few weeks. I'll leave January 21 for 11 days and 850 homes to inspect (see sidebar if you want to know what I do) for State Farm. I suspect it will not be the last time I do a project this year. Each project brings us a little closer to Ellie.
Matthew 6:8
So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him

No comments: