Monday, January 21, 2008

On the Road Again

Joshua 24:17
It was the LORD our God himself who brought us
and our fathers up out of Egypt,
from that land of slavery, and performed those great signs before our eyes.
He protected us on our entire journey
and among all the nations through which we traveled.


In the fundraising arena, I am back on the road to South Carolina again today. Since school is out today, Josh and I are going to lunch together and then Kevin will meet up with us and get Joshua. I think they are going over to the train tracks to watch the trains. That is something they have done since Joshua was little and they both really enjoy it.

I have 850 houses in my "queue" this time. They are a bit more spread apart than some of my previous projects so I'm a little concerned about getting them all done in a two week period, but I'm going to try hard! Weather forecasts indicate a fairly dry week this week with weather in the mid 50s for the highs and mid 30s for the lows. I've not done a winter project before nor have I ever stayed for two weeks to complete it all in one trip; this should be interesting. I'm already missing home and Kevin and Joshua, and I'm still here!

There is still much to pack and gather. I was thinking last night that we will be gone for about the same amount of time on our first trip to meet Ellie and I am going to have to learn to pack lighter! Of course, when I'm in the field, most days I get my pants dirty so I can't wear them two days in a row. Hopefully, I won't get quite as dirty in Kyrgyzstan.

I'm hoping I'll be able to pull of one or maybe two more week long trips before we get our referral to add more to the adoption account. Much will depend on timing, I suppose.

So, I'm off to gather and pack as much as I can before Joshua wakes up so I can spend time with him before I leave.

No comments: