Monday, January 7, 2008

Contracts Being Mailed Tomorrow

We are mailing our "official" contracts tomorrow along with our first check for agency fees. Here's a photo of Kevin (who doesn't seem to make the blog often) signing them.



Once they are received, we start in hard on completing our dossier while we wait for our referral. We are told it could come in two to four months. Some of you might not know what I mean when I talk about "our referral". Once a child has been chosen for our family, we will be sent a photograph and medical and social data on the child. We have a set number of days to accept this "referral" or to request another. If we accept the referral, this will be our child.

And here is a photo of Joshua, stuffing the envelopes with the letters we are sending to folks updating them on our adoption (he is REALLY excited). We went to the library today and we picked out some books on Kyrgyzstan (he's learning to spell this) and one called How I Feel About Having a New Baby in the House.


Two people have asked me in the last two days, "So, do you have your furniture and stuff?" And I just look at them (much like a deer in the headlights) and go, "Ummm, I have a baby bed." And really, other than clothes (of which we have a closet full, it seems) and a few toys, bibs and blankets, nothing else. I'm not even sure there is a mattress for the bed (which is 10 years old, after all). My mom said, "Well, do you have anything?" in a kind of unbelieving way. I told her, "I've been so busy thinking it wasn't going to happen anytime soon that I didn't bother to buy stuff." And now, I'm going to be so busy completing all the paperwork and stuff, I won't have time to buy anything. Of course, Walmart is open 24 hours a day in a crisis. She told me she would "start looking". I know that will make her happy!

But as I told my mother, technically she could sleep with us, and I can change diapers anywhere. We'll have to get a car seat and want to get a baby sling or Ergo carrier for attachment and bonding, but, the rest is really just window dressing. It will come -- or it won't -- and she will be here and we will just be tired, oh, wait, sorry, I meant, HAPPY!!

We also went by Mr. Ronnie and Mrs. Sandy's new pharmacy today. He had asked the members of our Sunday School class to come by and write our favorite Bible verses on the floor. They are laying tile and carpet this week and he wants the word of God under it. (How cool!). Joshua was excited about this (what kid isn't excited about using a marker and writing on the floor). He kept asking, "Are you SURE this is ok? Did he SAY it was ok?". I made sure I found out where the kids' section was going to be because I wanted to write there. When I got there, Mr. Denney, who is doing the tile work, said, "We're fixing to tile right over that area. No one will see that. You probably want to write where there is carpet. Somebody might get to see that one day." I told him that God and I knew it was there and that was all that really mattered. Our verse for that area was:

Psalms 127:3

Children are a blessing from the Lord;

They are a reward from Him.

And over behind the counter, we wrote Kevin's favorite verse. Ronnie and Sandy's granddaughter Hannah had already written my favorite verse, Jeremiah 29:11, so I signed our family's name to Kevin's verse:

Isaiah 40:31

But those who wait on the LORD will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint.

And Joshua included his favorite verse,

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son

That whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Joshua had another ballgame tonight. They WON -- whoo hoo -- 18 to 12. It was a really close game and Joshua performed better tonight than in the first game. Each player did better this game after having a little game experience under their belt. I've just never seen Joshua give all like he does out there. When it's over, his face is red, he says he's exhausted and he is quiet for a long time. It's great exercise though and he seems to have a LOT of fun on the court. More photos when mom emails me some!

No comments: