Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"Happy Photos"

Proverbs 15:15
For the despondent, every day brings trouble;
for the happy heart, life is a continual feast.

James 5:13
Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray.
Are any of you happy? You should sing praises.


Months ago, I started this blog so I could have a place to write about my work trips and post pictures I called "happy photos." While I was out working, I made an effort every day to find something that made me happy and to take a photo of it. You'd be amazed how your attitude will change if you go about the day looking for HAPPY.

For a long time, I have been so totally wrapped up in the day-to-day of life and adoption that I haven't taken enough time to be just "happy". So today, I decided to find me a happy photo. Here they are:


Of course, these two kitties reminded me so much of Scat, who we lost last year. The bottom one had the most beautiful copper eyes and was so friendly. He (or she?) followed me around the entire time I was measuring the house.


And, another happy photo is this one of the finalized contracts we mailed off today. We should be "on the list" by Monday. Our Ellie might be born by now or might be ready to be born anytime. Please, pray for her and her birth mother, that they are safe and healthy and have shelter and food. Pray that this woman who is giving her life will find a place of peace in her life after making this decision. Pray that Ellie is well taken care of until we can get to her. (And while you are praying, pray that she's a great sleeper, too, ok??). *smile*


Joshua went back to school today and seemed to have a good day. How fortunate we are to be back on some sort of schedule. It's 8:45, he's in the bed, and maybe even asleep. Those 6:00 wake up calls hit you hard late in the day.

I was thinking today, as I was driving to Bowling Green. I really want this trip to Kyrgyzstan to be a life-altering experience for Joshua. I'm not talking about the arrival of his sister. I really want him to experience how other countries of the world live. I want him to understand the realities of life in other countries, the poverty, and how privileged we are in the US. I want him to experience a country where Christianity is not a common religion, where English is not spoken and where a fast food restaurant is not on every corner. I also want him to understand how spoiled we are as a country and how unappreciative we are. I want God to change him through this experience. I continue to pray for this for him.

I got an email from an email friend today who is adopting from another country. She reads this blog and will know who she is. I am praying for you. I am hoping that God will ease the pain of wanting and longing and waiting. I found this verse tonight while searching at Bible.com (one of my favorite online Bible search locations). I immediately thought of you. I hope it brings you some comfort. Hugs, my friend.

Psalm 113:9

He gives the childless woman a family,

making her a happy mother. Praise the Lord!

Along those same lines, I have truly, truly enjoyed searching for Bible verses each day for the blog. This was something I felt called to do early this year. I feel I have been so blessed. Each day, I search for a verse that is relevant to what I'm writing about for the day. Every day there is a verse. Imagine a God that covers every area of your life! There is nothing that I will ever experience that He hasn't already planned for and given me direction about in the Bible.

We had another friend who emailed us today offering to help us do a pizza kit fundraiser. Apparently, they sell really well. I should know this because I routinely go around asking if anyone is selling the Little Caesar pizza kits. Our family loves them and they are really reasonably priced. We talked this evening and decided that this could be a good fundraiser for February. It moves my heart each time someone offers this type of kindness to our family, especially when it is so unexpected. It's a sweet reminder that God is taking care of this for our family by using others' kindness and generosity. We are so blessed.

Ecclesiastes 3:12

So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy

and enjoy ourselves as long as we can.

No comments: