Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stepping Up

Psalm 121:1
I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD
the Maker of heaven and earth.


My new Beth Moore class, Stepping Up, starts tonight. I've had a chance to review the materials and I'm SO excited. I'm always fascinated by Beth Moore's studies and walk away so much stronger in both my faith and my Bible knowledge. Many of you who listen to Christian music might recognize the verse above. It is from the Bible, but is also is a lyric from the song, Praise you in the Storm by Casting Crowns. It has long been one of my favorite songs. The lyrics have comforted me so many times. I've put them below for those of you who might have never heard the song before.

This is a study of the Psalms that were recited by the Jews as they returned to the tabernacles for the feasts that were celebrated by them. It is a study of Psalms 120-134, the Psalms of Ascent. I can't wait to get started on it.

I've spent the last few days trying to get caught up on work that I got behind on while school was out for break. I'm happy that I'm almost caught up so that when I leave Monday for South Carolina for two weeks, I will have everything up to date. When I return, of course, I'll be behind again. Such is the nature of my job. :-) I'm dreading South Carolina a bit because I will be gone from home so long and because there are so many jobs. My motivation, of course, is that it will bring us that much closer to being able to bring Ellie home. My secondary motivation is that the quicker I get it done, the sooner I get to come home! Please remember me and my family in your prayers over the next few weeks. It is harder, I think, for Joshua and Kevin than for me. Life continues to move fast at the Latham house and with one less person around, it's hard for the two who have to pick up the pieces.

We are all becoming very excited about Ellie's coming home soon. We have begun to think about her room and think we will start clearing in out when I return. I'm sad to report that all my crafties (scrapbooking, bow making, cards, etc.) will have to be put in tubs until we can work out something for storage out in "the office" (ie., the half finished garage area), but I know that will come after Ellie is home and we become more settled. I don't have time for crafties right now so I'm sure once she arrives I will not be "crafting" for a while. Hopefully, we will be able to settle down afterwards and I can resume some scrapbooking. We also have to find a place for the shelf of Joshua's toys that are in current residence in that room. There is going to have to be some serious organization going on!! Wish us luck!! It will be exciting to decide if we are going to paint the room (it's a nice shade of lavendar now) and if so, what color; to get the furniture out and pull out Ellie's "pretties" that we have been buying through the past two-three years in anticipation of her arrival and get it all situated. Photos will be provided when we begin.

Praise you in the Storm
Casting Crowns
I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
stepped in and saved the day
but once again, I say "Amen," and its still raining.
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain, "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God that give
And takes away

I'll Praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will Praise You in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You herd my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't Find you
As the thunder rolls I barely hear you whisper through the rain"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God that gives And takes away.
I lift my eyes into the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of Heaven and Earth
I lift my eyes into the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of Heaven and Earth

No comments: