Saturday, January 5, 2008

Josh - Running Back?

Ephesians 6:10
Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

Today was Joshua's first basketball game of the season. He is playing in Springfield at the Center. We have friends who children played there last year and had a good experience and Joshua wanted to get some experience under his belt before the joined the team at school, so we signed him up. He is on the "Yellow" team. They have seven players.


We've had three practices and today was our first game against Coopertown. His friends, Bryce and Chaz were on that team, but Bryce was out on injury and couldn't play today.



Regardless, we lost 17-8. Josh played a really good game -- especially for his first game. He ran back and forth up and down the court during the entire game. He is good at rebounds due to his height. His face was just so red after the game and he was so tired.



Surprisingly I didn't take my camera. I knew my mom and dad were coming so I knew there would be cameras galore. I have a few from mom but haven't gotten the ones from dad yet (he goes to bed earlier than mom!). Mom's camera seem to have trouble focusing, even on sports mode, but here are a few to bait you. When dad sends some of his tomorrow, I'll update the site with them.


But the "Josh-ism" for the day (priceless!) is as follows, "Hey Daddy, I'm a running back -- I kept running back and forth up and down the court today!"



By the way, he is number 22. Look for more adventures in basketball world during January and February.

Jeremiah 31:25
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint [says the Lord].

No comments: