Tuesday, April 13, 2010

CRAVING sugar ...

I think it must be the "that time" because I have been incredibly hungry the last two-three days and today I have craved sugar like nobody's business.

I've tried to find some healthy substitutes -- to fill up on fiber, fruit, water. Nothing works. It's in my head, I think. I have tried to compromise with some chocolate kisses dipped in reduced fat peanut butter. Mildly satisfying but I just have thought about sugary food ALL DAY LONG and I don't have a clue why. I'm keeping a log of my food intake and you can see today was HORRIBLE. I ate a sugar free pudding. Nope, that wasn't it. I ate a marshmallow Peep (yes, from Easter) - nope, not it either. I had the four kisses -- nope. I ate an apple, two mandarin oranges. I can't seem to find what it is that is going to make me feel "full" and stop that craving. Of course, I've also had the "normal" food types -- tuna salad, a cheese stick, egg white/turkey sausage on english muffin, a fresco style taco -- so not just sugary junk today. I'd like to say I threw all the sugary stuff out. I didn't, but I did add many healthy choices to choose instead of it. I've been doing so well, but today = HARD!

This has gone on for a couple of days. I hope it will pass quickly. This is the part of "healthy choices" that I'm not so fond of. *sigh* Tips ...

In the good news department, I lost 5 pounds during week one! Yay!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

When I hit the sugar wall, it always helps me to eat peas or beans with my meals. Also, a piece of whole grain toast with butter and honey can be very satisfying.

You are doing great!

Khakismum said...

Oh sweetie I so understand. Just know this too shall pass. You are experiencing DTs basically. Sugar is an addiction and you are trying to kick a habit. Have the headaches hit yet? When we did South Beach about day 3 with NO sugar in any form a headache hit like no body's business. I think having diet soda helped as well as the handfuls of Excedrin and was ingesting! Keep up the good work, I so admire you for doing this...I need to but haven't found the gumption to do so. When all else fails, pray for mercy and strength and a victory over the sugar addiction! Hang in there girl! {{{hugs}}}