Monday, April 12, 2010

Marathon -- Not a Sprint

Week one of my eating healthy is almost in the books. Overall I'm very pleased with the choices I'm making. I still wish I could find more time to really exercise, but I'm counting the (no less than) 50 times I walked up and down the steps today as some exercise and cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming, etc.

I'm pleased to report that I've not eaten fast food (other than Subway) all week. I've had very minimal amounts of sugar and have gone very light on the breads. I've not had any potatoes (including the fried ones I'm so very fond of!!). I've developed a real love for whole mandarin oranges (Cuties) and apples (especially when I allow myself the indulgence of reduced fat peanut butter!!).

All in all, our entire family is eating a bit better. We still have a long, long way to go and I am trying to remind myself that week one was really the easy part -- staying the course over the long haul and continuing to make better choices will become harder. I discovered that tonight as I worked in the concession stand and did cave in to a hot dog. Fortunately, I had enough "points/calories" to afford myself that for the day, but I REALLY wanted ballpark fries tonight.

I do find I seem to have more energy, so that's a bonus.

So even though I have weighed a few times through the week, the official weigh in is tomorrow. I think I'll put a widget up on the blog following my progress to goal 1 - "Losing Ellie" (ie., 23 pounds). Hopefully the number will continue to rise and by mid-summer I will reach goal 1.

Thank you to ALL who continue to be supportive. You readers are just great and make me feel accountable and want to succeed!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I am cheering you on !! Great start this week !! One small piece of advice I would give is to focus more on how you feel rather then weight.

Tammy said...

Yay! Good to hear things are going well.