Tuesday, May 18, 2010

No Go

Sadly, Josh was not chosen for the basketball team. He is upset, obviously, and I'm trying to do and say the right things. I'm just not sure what they are, honestly.

I've reminded him that instead of practicing basketball every single day this summer that he can now go to 4H camp, we can take a vacation, we can continue our summer tradition of free summer movies. I'm not sure it's a consolation or not, but it's what I have to offer. *sigh* Again, parenting = hard work. My heart hurts for him more than he can ever know.

I got this message from a friend via email. I read it as soon as we got home and felt like it was a direct message from God. I will share it with Josh later tonight.

The Position of Power
"Good sense makes a man restrain his anger, and it is his glory to overlook a transgression or an offense"(Proverbs 19:11, AMP)

Every day, we have opportunities to get upset, be frustrated, or get offended. Maybe you had plans that didn't work out, or someone was rude to you at the office. Maybe you were doing something that should have taken one hour, and it ended up taking three. Life is full of inconveniences; but even though we can't always control our circumstances, we can control our reactions to those circumstances. I heard somebody say, "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond."

We should always go out each day with a positive attitude, full of hope and expecting God's favor. But at the same time, we should recognize that most days are not going to go exactly as we planned. Remember, we were created to live in peace. Peace is our position of power. If you get stressed because you got off schedule, or got upset because your child wouldn't eat his breakfast, or frustrated because somebody offended you, what you're doing is giving away your power. Instead, make the decision to release those offenses and disappointments so you live in peace and move forward in the power and victory the Lord has for you!

Father in heaven, today I release every care, concern, offense and disappointment to You. I choose to keep the peace that You have given me knowing that with You my best days are ahead! In Jesus' Name. Amen

2 comments:

Julie said...

Even though we want our kids to be happy, it is good for them to learn some harder lessons when they are young. That way they can learn to deal with them as they get older.

Mayme said...

I understand! Ashton tries out for the high school soon and I am so dreading it! These things are so hard for our boys but just another bump in the road of life.