Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Just a quick note to say Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's and mothers-to-be and wonderful women out there!

I asked for one thing for Mother's Day -- SLEEP. My request was granted and, even though I missed church, I slept until 11:00. It was great!! I've been going at top speed for a while now and some sleep was SO what I needed.

Josh and Daddy bought me a massage "thingy" that is "portable" (Josh said this was important) that will go in the car or in a chair/couch. It has three massage areas and heat. I'm thinking it would be great in the car at the end of a long day. I also got a purse and large photo collage frame that we picked out together one night when we all went out. Most of all, I got the blessing of spending the day at home with the people I love most. I just don't think you can ask for more than that. God gave me the privilege of being Joshua's mom. It's a huge responsibility -- some days I just feel really inadequate. Someone once said that God doesn't call those that are able, but those that are available.

So, as the day draws to a close, I am glad that I am a mother -- it's my most important job.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Any word on that blasted I-171H? OR DO I NEED TO TALK SOME TRASH?!?! ;)