Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Update

There is no news in adoption world for us. I spoke with our agency today and they were unable to confirm when the next referrals might come. Sadly, however, there is a chance that if we don't get a referral this week or the very first part of next week, and can't travel by month's end, we might not get to travel until July.

So... I'm praying that God's timing is this week, and if it's not that He will give me the ability to get through this. I'm certainly in NO position to get through that wait on my own.

I sent an email to the USCIS today asking about our I171H and got the response that we were fingerprinted on March 24 and that due to a backlog it was taking ten weeks. I emailed them back to REMIND them that it was March 14 and I had a paper indicating wait times were EIGHT weeks and could they PLEASE process our form. I love my government.

Tomorrow I'm back off to Georgia for several days.


Jeanne said...

What a disappointing day, Maria. I'm sorry to hear it. I know you can do it, whatever it takes. We'll all be hangin' in there with you.

Betsy said...

Bummer. I was hoping you would get that I-171H soon! Keep your chin up. I'm praying for you and for God's timing. It will be exciting when it all works out and we can look back and see how He was orchestrating all of it to be perfect!