Saturday, August 11, 2007

Red Sox Baseball Party

Today we had the honor of hosting Joshua's Red Sox baseball team party at our house. Eight of the 10 players were here so it was a great turnout. The boys had a great time swimming, eating and getting presents. I will say, I never knew that our inflatable slide could hold up the weight it did. Now, I'm not saying anyone is big -- don't go there. BUT... the weight limit on this thing says like 100 pounds. Well.... six boys, average, say 75-125 pounds each -- well, you can do the math. There were several times I thought there was no way it was not going to pop!!!


We had several parents get buckets of water dumped on them and sprayed with water guns, but, praise the Lord, no one got hurt and no cell phones got ruined. I guess that's the mark of a good party, when no one goes to the emergency room. :-)


We had SO much food that it was ridiculous. I think if I start walking now and don't stop until next Saturday I'll still be carrying some of it. Of course, I'm NOT going to do that. So... here are a few pictures from the day's event.

OH -- lest, I forget, I got the COOLEST basket of goodies from the parents for taking pictures this season. You mean I get PRESENTS for doing something I love??? Man, it doesn't get better than that. I got a basket with two Trapp candles, a Trapp home fragrance spray and a cool pair of earrings that I can't wait to wear.


This is the best $100 I ever spent. This slide has been through two years of INTENSE use. If it pops tomorrow, it was a good one. However, I can't imagine it's going to. The kids threw it, drug it, carried it, piled up on it, did cartwheels off it (Sssshhhh...don't tell our insurance folks!) and jumped on it repeatedly.






This is another picture of the infamous slide ...

This was our cake. I was worried it wouldn't be big enough. It was -- most of the kids were more interested in swimming than in cake. Even Joshua didn't eat any during the party.

This is our fearless leader, Coach Jeff Wood.

No comments: