Monday, April 21, 2008

Weed It and Reap

I saw a sign in someone's yard last week that said, "Weed it and Reap". I thought it was clever. So, today, we began the weeding. No, I didn't take any before photos. I would have been embarrassed for you to see them. How in the WORLD do so many weeds grow in the winter? I couldn't even see the pea gravel in the pea gravel path. Kevin got the side of the house weeded and spread what was left of the mulch out. Josh and I got maybe a third of the path done (it's not long either). We raked up some leaves and got some of the stuff that had accumulated in the yard picked up. And we did all this in an hour. We have committed an hour a day for the next little while to work on the yard in the afternoons. Hopefully, we can get it looking nice again (our reaping) after winter.

There is something soothing to the soul about weeding and raking. The tiredness you feel and the accomplishment you can see afterwards is just refreshing. Now, if you are ten, it's just hard work, but, I'm not ten anymore and it's a nice change of pace from working on the computer, cleaning house, inspecting houses and being at the ballpark.

I'll share some "after" photos in a few days.

No comments: