Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy 11th Birthday, Joshua


How did eleven years pass since I had Joshua? Some ways it seems like FOREVER ago, but it other ways, it seems like just yesterday when Josh was Ellie's size.


I remember the day he was born so well. About this time (7:30 a.m.) they began the induction and I was in labor for 10 long hours before the doctor came in and decided he needed to be "vacuumed" out. 15 minutes later at 5:43 p.m., Joshua was born. Poor fellow has lived through us learning as we go since that time.


I remember someone telling me later that my daddy told them that if I would quit talking I could have that baby. *ha* I was most certainly NOT engaging in intelligent dialogue during that process.


In the eleven years since Joshua has been born, we have grown and changed as a family and many of the reasons we are a better family than before are because of Joshua. He has blessed our family in so many ways and I cannot imagine my life without him. He is certainly our gift from God.


I gave him a few gifts a few days ago (I can't wait -- it's horrible). He got some new shirts and Ni*ke sweats, and a Vi*kings Mono*poly game. This morning, I had a cake and card waiting for him when he came down. I had planned to take him to see Bo*lt tonight, but he has a basketball scrimmage he wants to go to, so we may have to postpone that. His true gift is his trip to Florida next week for the football tournament.


I love you so much, Josh. You will always be my "little man". Stop growing up so fast, ok?

2 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Happy Birthday, Josh!

janiece said...

Happy Birthday Josh!! Nov. 21 is a special day at our housse too so we'll think of you at our celebration. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!