Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Gotcha Day -- to Me!!

Today, 39 years ago, my parents had my Gotcha' Day. I now know exactly how they felt! What a blessing and a full circle to have my own daughter asleep in her crib upstairs, only a few weeks away from her own Gotcha Day.

While I am now fully aware of all the aspects involved with adoption, I cannot imagine my life any other way. What a different life I would have lead apart from my family. There would be no Kevin, Joshua or Ellie. My parents would be unknown to me and the community I have come to call home and where I have built my family and have all my friends would not be the same.

Even before I was born, God was making plans for my life. I think about Ellie's life and how even before she was thought of or born, we were preparing for her -- just like God was me. I think about God's plan of salvation and how He loves each of us before we even know him -- just like adoption.

We celebrated my Gotcha Day on Tuesday with dinner at my parents. We all had a good time, even though I wasn't feeling quite well yet.

Happy Gotcha Day, Mama and Daddy!! I love you.

2 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

What a special bond that you and Ellie share. You guys can have Gotcha parties together!

Hilary Marquis said...

Happy Gotcha Day!