Friday, November 21, 2008

Sponge Cookies

This week, Kevin and I were working at my mom's house, painting her bedroom. I went to pick up the kids from school and brought them back there. As is typical, as soon as they hit the door, they needed a snack. Josh knows exactly where the snacks are at MeeMee's house and went to investigate. Yesterday mama told me about the ensuing conversation where Josh came to her to ask if he could have a "sponge cookie". She told him she didn't have a clue what he was talking about. He said, "You know, a sponge cookie." She still didn't know, so he said, "The kind with marshmallow in the middle." She finally figured out what he meant ....

Anyone cared to take a guess?

A Moon Pie. For any of you who might not KNOW what a Moon Pie is, it's two cookies with marshmallow in the middle and covered with a coating like chocolate or banana flavoring. Here's a photo.


Mama said she didn't laugh at him because she didn't want to hurt his feelings, but she thought it was funny that he called them sponge cookies!
AND, speaking of "pies", if Elizabeth is reading this -- WHOOPIE PIES are in the mail, right? *smile*

1 comment:

Elizabeth and Bill said...

Hi All
It's Bill here...Happy Birthday Josh!!!! Maria you are so quick on the draw, I'm glad that you got to see the photo's of my two kids! They're great together, pieces of a great puzzle!! Elizabeth wants me to let you know that we are rounding up the famous whoopie-pies, but are still searching for some horse meat to round out the package to bring back some fond memories of everyone's favorite " 'stan "...Hi to both your men and that pretty little lady, and have a fantastic thanksgiving....I already know what I'm thankful for...how 'bout you!!

Bill