Thursday, December 4, 2008

How TV Time Helps with Homework

I LOVE LOVE LOVE "Josh-isms". But sometimes the logic just blows right over my head. This is one of those times, but it was kind of funny so I wanted to "save" it for him for when he is older.

We were driving home (from aforementioned DGS) and I asked how he thought he did on his social studies test today. He said he thought he did fine and that it was open book. I asked him how in the world he could be expected to learn when the test was open book. He said, "It was a hard test." He then proceeded to tell me how the first question was about why the US and Spain were fighting the Spanish American War. We had just studied this the night before so I was CERTAIN he would get this one right. I said, "Why?" He replied, "Taxes".

I thought my head would twirl off my head as it spun around to look at him. WHAT?? I said, "We studied this; how could you get it wrong?" He said, "I don't know." I said, "What was the real reason, Josh?" He replied, "It was over Cuba." Right.

And then he said the following, "Yes, I should have known that because I learned that on George L*opez." Huh??? "You know, that time when George and his father in law go to Cuba to save his wife's uncle." Oh.

I'm still pondering the relevance of it all. In his mind, he knew what he was saying, I suppose. Regardless, he got the answer to the question wrong -- on an open book test. HOW???

No comments: