Monday, December 17, 2007

Basketball season starts

Today was Joshua's first basketball practice. Being the "good" mom, I didn't embarrass him at he first practice by bringing my camera. I'm certain that can wait until, oh, I don't know, the second practice.

There are eight boys on his team. He and two other boys are the tallest -- all about the same height. His coach seems really nice but he didn't have a lot to say to the parents.

Josh did well for his first night once he got over looking over to us to see if he was doing well. He was quite nervous as he didn't know anyone there. I was really proud that he went on it and tried hard. I know it took a lot of courage for him to do that.

He's looking forward to the next practice. This is a recreation league so while he will learn, the emphasis is more on playing and learning than competition.

No comments: