Friday, December 21, 2007

"The Girls" Have Christmas

It was such a nice time to get to spend some time tonight with "the girls." Sharon, Dianne, Iris, Dawn and Jennifer have been my friends since I was a little, little girl (ok, yes, that was a LONG time ago). Each month we get together and go "do" something.

For Christmas this year, we had planned to go to a restaurant in Pleasant View to eat and back to Jennifer's house to watch Wild Hogs. We had seen this at the movies back in the summer and wanted to see it again.

As it turned out, the restaurant was closed tonight and so we went to O'Charleys, followed by a quick stop at Walmart (really, only 20 minutes) and then we went back to Jennifer's house. It was 10:00 by the time we got back to Jennifer's so the movie was pretty much out at that point. We looked at some of Jennifer's old photos and talked about what we might do for a little trip or something special this year since all of us (yes, except you Dawn) were turning 40 (HOW did THAT happen???). We never really came up with a plan -- not surprising -- but we did have a lot of fun!! I am always happier when I have spent time with them. I always laugh; I sometimes cry; I'm sometimes made mad and sometimes made fun of. It is always good.

We took a photo of all of us because it is so rare that we are all together at one time. I bought a frame at Kohls recently that says, "The Girls". This will be the perfect photo for that.

No comments: