Monday, December 17, 2007

Stringing Popcorn

Today I went to school to string popcorn.


The fourth grade class at Joshua's school is studying Colonial times. They have decorated two trees, a modern tree and a colonial tree. Their teacher wanted them to be able to see someone stringing popcorn and someone stringing cranberries. Ms. Krantz came and did the cranberries while I did the popcorn.

Ms. Stroup read the class a book called If you lived in Colonial Times. It was a really interesting book.


I wanted to to eat the popcorn, but with all the kids there I couldn't. It wasn't a hard job, but it took a long time. I think we'll try to do that at home. The garland was SO pretty. I really liked the cranberry garland as well, but the berries stain your hands and it just seems a bit messy.


Ms. Krantz took a photo of Josh and and I took photos of her and her daughters. These were made in front of the colonial tree. All the things were handmade on this tree.

No comments: