Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Queenie" Turns 40!

With much appreciation to my friend Dianne and my mother (Kevin ratted you two out), the photo of me dressed as "The Queen Bee" from Halloween made it's way into the Ashland City Times this week.


It is with much apprehension that I post it here for fear that you all might actually THINK that my hair is this high and white -- believe me, others have thought this -- or that you will feel the need to call me to comment on this, um, lovely photo of me and it's accompanying caption. However, what blog would be complete without all the facts? And, what is life if you can't poke fun at yourself. So in that spirit, here you go ...



Be sure to note the FLAMING candles and the crown. My life is complete.


The next day, I saw the following car in the parking lot of the Cracker Barrell. I think it would be the perfect ride for "Queenie".





For those of you who are frequent readers of this blog, you will remember that a few weeks ago I made a list of the things I would be doing in my last days of my 30s. Please note: finding an ad in the Times with my "Queen" photo was NOT on the list.

No comments: