Saturday, March 7, 2009

"D"


Yes, I'm behind. When you spend three out of five days at the pediatrician's office, your week will get away from you quickly.

Finally, today, the doc decided Ellie warranted antibiotics. Now, all you medical folks don't jump on me. I'm a staunch advocate of NOT taking antibiotics if you don't need them, but a non-stop fever for five days and both elevated white blood counts and bacterial counts indicate to me there is more than just your regular ole' cold. I think she needed antibiotics by Wednesday, but... anyway, now she has an ear infection and is on antibiotics and for the first time since Tuesday is sleeping in her bed. She has been so very clingy and today I pretty much wore her in our Peanut Shell carrier all day. Let me say, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sling for occassions like this. It's a winter one and I would LOVE to have a lighter weight one for spring/summer. Ellie slept for three hours in it while I did laundry, dishes and vacuumed. She was happy as a clam and I got some things done. Had I tried to lay her down, she would have awakened and screamed.

So, anyway, I'm behind on my letters so, let's get on to "D".
JOSH:
Daring
Josh has this wonderful, "I'll try anything" spirit that many times gets him in trouble, but is one of the things I admire a lot about him. He doesn't let anything stop him or hold him back. He is willing to put himself out there and try new things -- something I'm not as likely to do as he is.
ELLIE:
Dainty
I call Ellie our "petite little chicken". I remember back when Josh was little, he had a sleeper that had "petit amour" on it and when he wore it I called him my petite little chicken. Turns out that was less fitting for our boy than for our girl. Ellie is so small and petite that the word "dainty" fits her perfectly.

No comments: