Sunday, May 17, 2009

Josh's AWANA Award

Tonight was award's night for AWANA at church. Josh has been in AWANA for the past four years, since it started at our church. I was a leader the last three years, but took this year off. Kevin has worked in AWANA for the past four years.

Tonight Josh got a book award for finishing the first T&T book. He is pretty far along in the second book and we are hopeful he will feel the need to work on it over the summer so he can start the new year (his last) nearly finished and ready to start book three.

Here are some photos of him receiving his award.


I have to preface this picture by saying, he really wanted me to get this picture quick because they were about to dismiss for cookies/punch and he always likes to be at the beginning of the line -- thus, the silly look. Check out the hair -- he cut it HIMSELF this week. Needless to say, we have an appointment for a real haircut on Wednesday. *smile* At least he's not a dull kid, huh? It's one of the things I love the very most about him!!


After the awards ceremonies, there was a punch and cookie reception. We thought it funny that Ellie's hair flower matched the centerpieces on the tables.


Eons ago, I posted a picture of me with "my girls" from AWANA at our baby shower for Ellie. Well several of "my girls" (Michaela, Rebecca and Mikayla) were serving at the reception tonight and I got to take pictures of them with Ellie. Because they couldn't agree on a photo, we took one of each of them holding Ellie and I'm posting all three. You can decide which you like best. LOVE my girls!!! Watching them grow into the young women they are becoming has been a beautiful process and I'm so glad I've gotten to be a small part of their lives.

And, last, but not least, here is Ellie with her balloon. It was her favorite thing all night!


1 comment: