Saturday, May 23, 2009

Last Day of Fifth Grade

Yesterday was Josh's last day of school. There are two days next week which apparently aren't required unless you are involved in the activities going on that day and Josh tells me he is not. I found a large trash bag full of his workbooks, papers, folders and planner this morning. He is obviously so done. Being the nostalgic packrat mom I am, I drug out the planner and will tuck it away for him to look at one day. He might or might not want to see it, but he drew in it, wrote names, comments, etc. that I think he might find fun to look at when he is older.

I feel like there ought to be a "last day of school" photo -- much like the first day of school, but there isn't.

To celebrate, we watched a couple of movies and had pizza last night. Ellie made it through 1/2 of the first movie before she passed out so it was sort of like "old times" with just the three of us watching movies.

Congratulations, Josh. You've had an excellent first year of middle school. We have been very proud of your grades and your behavior this year. I wish you'd stop growing up so quickly because I'm realizing how very few years I have left with you. Time, slow down!!

No comments: