Friday, June 5, 2009

My Boy is HOME!!

Praise God, my boy is home safe and sound!!! The bus arrived home at 11:20 and I was early up in the line to get him off the bus. He looked like he was exhausted and his voice was very hoarse. I don't know that I've seen him this tired looking or acting in a long, long time.



Here is Ms. Jennifer being reunited with "The Princess" before the bus came! Ms. Jennifer's son went to 4H camp too.


Here comes the bus!!

Here comes Josh off the bus -- doesn't he look exhausted?

Yep, he certainly is exhausted!
Rubbing his eyes while MeeMee is talking to him ...
Waiting for his luggage...

And last, but certainly not least, the person who I think might have been the most excited to see Josh??? Ellie -- look at the grip she has on his shirt and the look of utter contentment... this is one girl who loves her brother!

We gathered his luggage and pile of wet clothes and, as predicted, he wanted to go to McDonalds because he was starving. MeeMee met us at the pickup and decided to go with us to McDonalds. While there, she gave Ellie her first taste of ketchup. Ellie loved sucking it off the fries.

Josh let us know that he and his friend John were awarded a 4H Camp Service Award for returning a little girl's purse. I was so proud of him my heart almost exploded. There is nothing that makes a parent more proud than knowing that some of the things you try to teach your children actually make it through to them and that while they are away from you, they can behave and do right. Granted, I'm certain he didn't mention any of the things he did that I wouldn't have approved of!! *smile* I would love to have scanned and shared the award, however, Josh stuck it in with his wet laundry and it came out pretty much in pieces. *sigh* Oh well! Speaking of laundry, he did fairly well. Packing each day's clothes in a baggie seemed "controlling" to him when I did it, but when it returned, if the baggie wasn't opened, it was still nice and clean and not jammed in with all the dirty and wet stuff. It also kept the liquids (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.) all nice and separate from the clothes.

I asked him did he want to go back next year and he definitely did, so I suppose it was a success!! I'm glad.

No comments: