Tuesday, September 15, 2009

And So it Starts ...Back to "Reality"

This week "reality" world starts. Survivor Samoa (September 17) and The Amazing Race (September 27) both premiere this month. I'll have to wait until January for the premiere of American Idol, but I'm not sure that it will be the same without judge Paula Abdul. Ellen, well, I'm going to reserve judgment because I can see her going either way -- no pun intended there -- to either a really funny judge or to just flat out silly/immature. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

I have not watched Survivor for the last two seasons. I had a bit of Survivor burn-out, I think. I am going to DVR them and see if they "do anything" for me this time. If not, it's no big loss, I suspect. I will, however, be excited about the Amazing Race premiere. Kevin, Josh and I love to watch this show.

I have nothing new to report about our lives right now -- and that is a GOOD thing.

For those of you who are local, triple coupons start tomorrow at Harris Teeter and run through Tuesday of next week. I don't think I'm ready to go tomorrow (coupons are not organized), but E. and I might make a run on Thursday.

A GREAT coupon source for those who might not know: All You magazine. You can usually get a subscription for $10 a month and there are usually $70-$90 worth of coupons in there. If you can double or triple a few of them, you have MORE than paid for the price of the magazine. Consider subscribing or picking up a copy each month at your local Wal-mart ($2.24 at my local store).

Keep saving!

Ellie is babbling up a storm -- but saying nothing anyone can recognize in all of it. She is very expressive in her babbling and will jabber and look at you as if waiting for an answer. I usually say, "Really?" or just make up an answer to whatever I think she is talking about. It usually satisfies her fairly well. When she does start to talk -- oy, watch out. I think I'm going to continue to enjoy the babble!!

She has also started making "kissing" noises and will let you kiss her -- on the cheek. There will be no mouthy kisses for her. She lets her "babies" kiss her on the cheek as well. She is not ever the "kisser" but always wants to be the "kissee".

Josh started basketball practice tonight. We certainly drew the short straw on practice times during the week -- 8-9:30 on Tuesday and Friday nights. Oh well.... For a bit things will be crazy with sports, but should even off, oh, about November. Josh must have been tired after practice. I sent him up for a shower and found him sound asleep across my bed. I woke him, sent him on to bed (stinky, yes, I will have to change those sheets tomorrow) and told him to plan to get up early tomorrow to get clean before school. Now that will be fun.

2 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Don't forget The Biggest Loser started last night!

Melissa said...

We're looking forward to Survivor as well (and DWTS!).