Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Hubby

I know I complain about my husband a lot -- like many wives do, I suppose, but I wanted to take a moment to be thankful for him for all he does for me.

He is the first person up at the house each day. This morning, he got Josh up and "herded" him to get ready for school. He made biscuits and bacon for breakfast, woke me up and then proceeded to run the carpool for school -- even taking Ellie so I could get ready and leave on time.

Almost every night, he gives Ellie her bath and puts her to bed so that I can get paperwork completed. He does laundry and will help clean house.

He is a good man. He is a good husband and he is a good father. Whatever complaints I have -- usually from selfish concerns of my own -- should be overshadowed by the fact that he is so helpful and such a good provider and family man for all of us.

Our entire family is blessed by God to have him in our lives, and I just wanted to publicly thank him.

2 comments:

multimom said...

Maria,

What a great posting. Your special hubby sounds wonderful. It reminds me to be thankful of my great guy, too. After all, he flew to Kyrgyzstan by himself, twice, just to bring our little one home. That's certainly enough to be thankful for right there!

Ellen

Mala said...

very sweet!