Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Next Thing on My List


I haven't done much "Summer Reading" this year. There just hasn't been a lot of time. And, with my commitment to reading the Bible through, that is my first priority. However, I have found a book that has grabbed my attention and I'm going to try to tackle it in my "spare" time (right - not). As you can see from the picture above, it's entitled The Next Thing on My List.
The teaser on the back of the book got me. It reads:

After a car accident in which her passenger, Marissa, dies, June Parker finds herself in possession of a list Marissa has written: "20 Things to Do by My 25th Birthday." The tasks range from inspiring (run a 5K) to daring (go braless) to near impossible (change some one's life). To assuage her guilt, June races to achieve each goal herself before the deadline, learning more about her own life than she ever bargained for.

As I get older, I realize time is certainly not on my side anymore. Granted, I don't feel old (most days, that is), but the reality is that I'm not 25 anymore either. And I often wonder what things I'd like to accomplish with my life and if I'd really have the GUTS it took to do them if I were brave enough to even write them down. I think, somehow, it would be worse to write them down and never do them than to never write them down at all.

I'm wondering if there are those of you who have the guts to both write them down and do them. I'm going to ponder it -- while I read the book.

Let me know if you've read the book.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I may have to pick that one up. Keep us posted on how your doing with your list.

janiece said...

I've always thought I should have a "list" of things I want to accomplish--but I've never gotten around to it. Maybe that should be the first thing on my list! I honestly don't know what I hope to accomplish--I've just been taking things as it happens. Hummmmm